Sunday, January 18, 2009

1/18/09

temp = 60 F
clothes = shorts and t-shirt!
distance: 5.37
time = 1:07:41
pace = 12:36 min/mile

Holy ridiculous wind, batman! In colorado, our very warm winter days are almost always accompanied with high winds, and I managed to go out for my run during the worst of them! Winds were 30 mph stead, with gusts to 45. I didn't think it would affect me that much, but when I had the full headwind, I couldn't even keep a running pace - I had to walk. I had the headwind on the way back, and I hasn't figured out why running was so hard - maybe i didn't have a good breakfast, maybe weights on thursday tired me out, etc. In the last 7 minutes, I turned 90 degrees and had a crosswind, and all my stength came back! it was DEFINITELY the wind that slowed me down. Still, I'm glad I got out and did the miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment