Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1/5/09 - Starting up

This will be short because I want to get to work soon. Anyway, I started a running blog to keep me accountable and to log my workouts. My goal right now is to run the colorado half marathon in fort collins in may. I'm comming off of three months of no running, so I'm trying to ease back into it. I'm lucky to have the best coach in the world, joe (my fiance), who ran ironman hawaii, so he obviously knows what he's talking about. This week, Joe assigned me 6 runs of 30 minutes each to get used to scheduling runs into my day (never my strong suit). The runs are supposed to be painfully easy. I'm happy for that!

So today - 1/5/09 (which is really yesterday)
Temp = 30 F
clothes = hat, gloves, tights, fleece pants, under armour, green tech shirt
- I felt cold on my upper body, need to wear another shirt -
weight = 115.8
time = 0:30:39
distance = 2.35 miles
pace = 13:02 min/mile

This run felt ridiculously easy, which is what I was trying to accomplish. The pace is about 2 min/mile slower than what I normally run, so I'm not suprised it felt so easy (and good!). the point of very slow running is to ease my body back into the vibe of working out and to make it enjoyable. Pace this week does not matter at all. So I feel like today was an accomplished day.

No comments:

Post a Comment